Manic cursor

Reaction score
Hi, I have manically moving cursor, its driving me mad! I have novatech laptop with built in mouse pad, the problem seems to get worse as computer is used, until sometimes it is virtually impossible to control. The Alt key seems to help, but it is difficult to hit the moving targets, if I hit a button with a choice, the hi-lighted text just flits up and down really fast. I haven't got a clue whats wrong and seem to have spent hours downloading and reinstalling, but am getting nowhere. Am also experiencing the beep of death on start up, so can sympathise with the other user with same problem, thanks for the advise, I will try that too!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds like your laptop is faulty if it does this randomly and you get start up errors. You could try using an external mouse and see if that helps? Try borrowing one from a friend to try it out :)

Reaction score
thanks - will try external mouse and see if it helps, thanks for responding:)

Reaction score
try reinstalling the touch pad driver, possibly corrupt, also try running anti virus and spyware scans, some sad t**ts find this amusing.

James

Reaction score
my neighbour had a mouse problem on his Dell laptop - turned out it was the motherboard need replacing!

Ask a Question