Making a change to numerous accounts.

Allison

Under the 'Profiles' tab of a user account, I have a 'Logon script' set. I
want to change the logon script to a different script without having to go
through each user account and making the change. Is there a way to make
changes to several user accounts at one time? If I remember correctly, you
could do it in Windows NT but not in Windows 2000. Please help.

Thanks

Jim Campau

I would post this question to the
microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Newsgroup.

This can be done via script.

Allison

Anything can be done through a script. I didn't know if there was a nice
utility that would allow you to do this? I like to keep things simple if
possible.

Thanks

Jim Campau

Actually Javalina Software makes a product that will do what you want quite
nicely, but of course it is not free

Dave

I used a great 3rd party tool called ADvantage from Javelina Software. It
worked really well.

Matjaz Ladava [MVP]

Use ADModify
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/PSS/Tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/ADModify/ tool
to do this. Great tool from PSS and it works.

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000), MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://ladava.com

Allison

I downloaded ADModify and it works great. It's simple. Just way I like it.

Thanks

Jeff Jones said:
As mentioned in other posts you can upgrade to Windows Server 2003, use
script, or use the ADModify tool. In addition to these you can also
download the Windows Server 2003 Admin Tools Pack to a Windows XP SP1
machine and use the dsmod.exe tool. The simplest way would to use
dsquery.exe to find all the users you want to modify and then pipe the
output to "dsmod.exe user -loscr <new value>".

The Admin Pack can be downloaded from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/7/5/c750f1af-8940-44b6-b9eb-d74014e552cd/adminpak.exe

--
Jeff Jones [MS]
Active Directory Administration Tools Development