Make F1 key do Alt-Tab instead of Help, How?

Obie San San

This program will allow me to use F1 to switch between the active window and
the last window open, but it won't allow me to set it up to do switch
through more windows than two, which the full Alt-Tab will. However, it will
allow me to easily put the full alt tab function by using the left Shift
button and the F1 key, which is better than nothing.

Thanks.

Obie San San

No, I made a mistake. Using Shift F1 won't work either as a replacement for
the full alt-tab. I can only shift between the current program and the last
one. I guess that is better than nothing though.

Obie San San

1) Go download this program:
http://www.autohotkey.com/

2) Install it and then open the following text file that is in the program
install directory. The file is called "autohotkey"

3) In the middle of the document after the part that says ..."run AutoHotkey
again, which will load this file," you need to paste this this code:

*F1::Send {Alt down}{tab} ; Asterisk is required in this case.
!Enter::Send {Alt up}
~*Escape::
IfWinExist ahk_class #32771
Send {Escape}{Alt up}
return

4) Then save it, and run the Autohotkey program.

That's all there is to it. This will allow you to use the F1 key to cycle
through all the programs you have opened and then you will hit Enter once
you are on the window you want to switch to. This is the best program I
have found yet that allows you to modify your keyboard. The guy running it
even has a bulletin board online where you can get people to write code for
you to do what you want if the program will not do it by default. In fact,
that is how I just got this code that I sent to you.