Made wrong key in .ADM. Fixed it but still applied to all users

I created my own .ADM-file (see below) for our Win2003 AD
and added the template to a GPO. It works. However I
accidently entered the wrong VALUENAME (Enable instead of
EnableBalloonTips). So I was quick to edit the .ADM-file
and readding it to the GPO.

I understand that all users that got the "Enable"-
registry have to be removed manually/loginscript.

But still if I remove the registrykey manually and do a
gpupdate the Enable-key comes back. Seems that key is
still in the GPO somewhere. Any ideas how to get rid of
it?

CLASS USER
CATEGORY !!ppmcategory
POLICY !!wupolicyname
KEYNAME "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Explorer\Advanced"
VALUENAME "EnableBalloonTips"
VALUEON NUMERIC 0
VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
END POLICY
END CATEGORY

[strings]
ppmcategory="PPM"
wupolicyname="Remove Balloon Tips för Windows Update"

Ivan Sheng [MSFT]

Hello,

After you use logon script remove the key, delete that GPO and then create
a new one since this issue could be caused by synchronization issue.

Ivan Sheng
Microsoft Online Partner Support
MCSD,MCSE4,2000,MCDBA,CCNA,ASE

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.