    the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it. Any suggestions
    on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering by
    others)?

    ABlevins, May 16, 2008

  2. ABlevins

    JW Guest

    On May 16, 11:40 am, ABlevins <>
    wrote:
    > I need to make a macro available to multiple users via our office network. I
    > can create the macro easily using the Macro Recorder; but, I can't access the
    > the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it.  Any suggestions
    > on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering by
    > others)?

    I would suggest making it an Add-In and having everyone install the
    Add-In through Tools-->Add-Ins.

    JW, May 16, 2008

  3. ABlevins

    Norman Jones Guest

    Hi A,

    In addition to JW's excellent suggestion, try
    placing the Add-in in a common network
    share. Then the add-in can be installed, as
    suggested by JW, via Tools | Addins. This
    will also make maintenence easier.

    If you are new to the world of add-in
    creation, distribution and installation, see
    Jan Karel Pieterse's excellent tutorial at

    Creating An Add-in From An Excel Macro.
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

    ---
    Regards.
    Norman

    Norman Jones, May 16, 2008
  4. ABlevins

    JW Guest

    On May 16, 12:13 pm, "Norman Jones" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi A,
    >
    > In addition to JW's excellent suggestion, try
    > placing the Add-in in a common network
    > share. Then the add-in can be installed, as
    > suggested by JW, via  Tools | Addins. This
    > will also make maintenence easier.
    >
    > If you are new to the world of add-in
    > creation, distribution and installation, see
    > Jan Karel Pieterse's excellent tutorial at
    >
    >         Creating An Add-in From An Excel Macro.
    >        http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm
    >
    > ---
    > Regards.
    > Norman
    >
    > "ABlevins" <> wrote in message

    > >I need to make a macro available to multiple users via our office network..
    > > can create the macro easily using the Macro Recorder; but, I can't access
    > > the
    > > the Personal.xls folder of all the users who need to use it.  Any
    > > suggestions
    > > on how to share the macro (while protecting it from accidental tampering
    > > by
    > > others)?- Hide quoted text -

    And, in addition to Norman's response, have a look at Ken Puls' info
    regarding deploying an add-in across a network. I use a modified
    version of this code almost daily.

    http://www.excelguru.ca/node/45

    JW, May 16, 2008