    click on an *.xls file?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike McCollister, Mar 31, 2007

  2. I think windows will use the last version of excel that was installed as the
    default program associated with the extension.

    But you can reregister excel so that an earlier version will be the default.

    Close excel
    windows start button|Run
    "C:\yourpathtoexcel2002\excel.exe" /regserver

    And then test it.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Mike McCollister

    MartinW Guest

    Hi Mike,

    You can do that through your windows settings
    Goto Start>Settings>Control Panel>Folder Options click on the
    File Types tab select the XLS file extension and at the bottom
    of the dialog box you can change which program it opens
    with there are also extra options on the advanced tab.

    I haven't seen Excel override these settings although I know
    Autocad will in certain circumstances. Having two versions
    of Excel may confuse things, maybe not. A bit of trial and error
    should sort things out.

    HTH
    Martin

    MartinW, Apr 1, 2007
  4. Dave,

    Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get to that machine again.

    Mike

    Mike McCollister, Apr 1, 2007
  5. Martin,

    Thanks. I'll try that if Dave's suggestion does not work.

    Mike

    Mike McCollister, Apr 1, 2007