Windows XP lower cost printer ink

Reaction score
How weary i am of paying $50 per spittel of ink! Does anyone know of an ink jet printer that has bulk refill carts of some sort?..
pour in a cupful from the bulk bottle, wipe off the surplus and get on with the printing without being ripped off? Thanks Vern

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I don't like those "refills" especially as I usually use HP printers. HP are one of the worst to refill, but the "printer head" is in the cartridge so one could only refill an HP about twice before the “head” needs replacing.

It’s a pain of the printer market ... buy a printer for £30 and find the ink costs £29 a throw. :confused:

Anybody else have any experience?

Reaction score
Thanks Muck, but what is the answer? We seem to be locked in victims of the printer industry. Waiting for responses from someone who may know the escape route.....Vern

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I think what your after does not exist ... :confused:

It would be nice indeed if one just "lifts a cap to refill" the inkwell. I remember going around filling the inkwells in school, yes I am that old, and then we had to empty them again after school.

If one of the main manufactures of printers has a similar system then they are indeed keeping it a secret from the public.

The main source of income from the likes of HP, Epson and the rest are not from the sales of printers but from the sale of the replacement cartridge, and at an extortionate price.

:(

Reaction score
Agreed....and apparently nothing we can do about it....thats the angry part of it all....V

Reaction score
The Bottom Five of 2001
By John C. Dvorak, Computer Shopper
October 5, 2001
Once again, I've been given the assignment of identifying the five worst products or ideas of the last 12 months or so. Keeping the list to five is always a challenge. As usual, certain technologies and ideas on the edge of failure, such as Rambus memory or the Sony Memory Stick, are a temptation to list, allowing me to be the first to say, "I told you so!" But I refuse to give in. The fact is, some seriously bad ideas and products emerged this year. Here then is this year's final list, in no particular order:
1. The Epson Smart Cartridge
If anything is going to kill the momentum of Epson and its incredible piezoelectric inkjet technology, it's this ridiculous addition. Epson, in its newer printers, has put intelligence in the cartridges and printer mechanism to foil third-party ink suppliers. While this chip in the cartridge is supposed to monitor ink usage, it's really designed to let the printer know that an "alien" cartridge has been installed. Many of these third-party cartridges are used by professional photographers for special purposes such as true black-and-white printing. Perhaps it's time for printer companies to drop the idea of selling printers below cost in some sort of razor-and-razor-blade scheme.

Ask a Question