Low Resources And Limited Ram

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help as im in desperate need of some help with my pc.

i keep getting a message stating system dangerously low in resources when i access pages on the internet. I have read elsewhere that this xould be due to the fact I have not got enough RAM on my sytem. I have checked on my system information page and that states i have 191MB RAM.

I also checked using system checker through crucial.com and it said my pc had 512MB RAM. I am currently using Window98SE.

i have tried upgrading to windowsXP but my system wont boot up when the installation is almost complete.

Any suggestions of any freeware sites or anything i can do to rectify this??

please help a novice user :)

Reaction score
Try changing the slots your ram is in

I personally think this is an operating sytem fault. If its showing in BIOS and windows is only reporting half of it available then it could also be faulty

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
When your system boots up, how much ram does it say it has (should be within the first few seconds of turning the PC on). 191MB is a strange number you see, so something isn't quite right there :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
191MB is a strange number you see, so something isn't quite right there :)
Not really, but the numbers ain't addin up right.

Looks like you have onboard video sapin 64mb ram from 256mb ... that then equates correctly ... 256 -64 = 191

... but; Win 98 has a "problem" with using 512 ram, I believe there is a "patch" for it somewhere.

Really we need some more information on what the PC is?

user.gif

Reaction score
PC is a packard bell

intel pentium processor

733mhz

thats all i know off hand as im not near my pc at the moment

Reaction score
tried loading XP home edition and now when i turn on pc it just sits at XP screen with the loading bar freezing on front screen
XP has also deleted all my files

what can i do??

Ask a Question