Windows Vista Lost web and mail

Reaction score
Hi,

After downloading and installing updates for Vista and Firefox this morning, and then rebooting my PC, I appear to have lost web and email. Odd thing is, I can still connect to the router, and to other PC's within the network (the other PC's still have full internet). I can also ping - for example, news.bbc.co.uk and it returns ok. It's like some ports have been closed off(?)

I have limited technical knowledge in this area, so could anyone give any more assistance or point me in the right direction on where to go from here? The PC in question doesn't have any AV, and only has a basic Norton firewall and Windows firewall is disabled.

Reaction score
Hello Goldfish74 and welcome to PCReview!

You could probably test whether you've got something installed which has kicked something else out of touch OR have invited some nasties to invade your Bits and Bytes by going bareback on the Internet!

Try running System Restore to before you applied the updates - how do things respond then?
Also - Get yourself cleaned up and protected!!
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2697599.php

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Ask a Question