Norm

Scott do a search for *.dbx and make sure to scroll down the search files
and folders to the advanced search options and check system and hidden
files. Then bring up OE and click File, Import, Messages and point it to
that found folder.

G

Gerry Cornell

Scott

Check whether the option to "Compact messages in background" in Tools, Options, Maintenance has been selected. It should be deselected as the use of this option invariably leads to folder corruption and causes slow performance.

To recover missing messages. Using Windows XP you need to enable show hidden files. Start, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, Advanced Settings. Next enter Windows Explorer. Using Tools, Find, Files and Folders search your C drive with "*.dbx" without quotes as the search criteria and see if you should find your folders. Note the date / time stamp on the files and the older folders will contain your missing messages.

OLEXP: Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313055

Otherwise you may be able to recover the messages from the folders if found using an Extract Tool moving them to a new local folder created by placing the cursor on Local Folder in the Folder List and selecting File, Folder, New. Further information and the Tool are available through the link below:

http://www.oehelp.com/Default.aspx

To compact place the cursor on Outlook Express in the Folder List and run File, Folder, Compact All whilst Offline.

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA
(e-mail address removed)
Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ask a Question