    the a warning like cannot format user partition sys. recov, cannot
    continue there`s an ok i press it starts over with the options.
    sometimes it says disc error. but not allways.

    samrrrr, Jan 23, 2009

  2. samrrrr

    David B. Guest

    AGAIN, what is the make and model of PC? IF it is OEM (HP, Dell, etc) you
    need to contact their support department for help with their recovery
    process, it is not a Windows issue.

    David B., Jan 23, 2009

  3. samrrrr

    peter Guest

    it seems like you bought a system with preinstalled OS and the copy you made
    does NOT work on any other Computer other than yours...
    Contact the manufacturer of your daughters computer to get a Recovery set

    pk

    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :)

    peter, Jan 24, 2009
  4. samrrrr

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jan 23, 4:36 pm, samrrrr <> wrote:
    > i have windows xp home service pack 3. my doughter was on it she came
    > out told me something was wrong. i have no operating sys so i used my
    > disc i copied when i first bought my pc. on the black screen i have.
    > press r for standard recovery. press f all will be lost. if i press f
    > a y comes up under fsays install new oper.sys. first put in disc
    > sometime it starts to run on the bars on bottom then it act like its
    > coming on then it skips operation and goes to hard dic sits a little
    > the a warning like cannot format user partition sys. recov, cannot
    > continue there`s an ok i press it starts over with the options.
    > sometimes it says disc error. but not allways.

    You may have a bigger problem ad it might be that the PC can no longer
    see the boot hard drive correctly. Since the install process is
    having problems, the hard drive could be dead, dieing or defective.
    You may need to replace the hard drive.

    smlunatick, Jan 26, 2009