Lost Network Connection

Wolf Pack

I am working on a friend's Dell Optiplex 330 running Vista SP2. Th
Broadcom Gigabit Controller is showing enabled and functional in Devic
Manager but does not show in Network Connections. IPCONFIG /all show
the hardware connection with specific DNS entries. How do I get th
connection to show in Network Connections so I can change th
configuration to automatically assign IP/DNS

Jack [MVP-Networking]

Hi
If there is a valid entry in the Device manager there should be a valid
connection in the Control Panel.
Try to delete the Installation from the Device Manger, and be ready with the
latest drivers for the NIC.
When Vista re-discovers it, install the updated drivers.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

Wolf Pack

Thank you, Jack. Deleting the device worked. Vista discovered it and
reinstalled it. I was able to set go into the IP4 properties and set it
for automatic IP address and DNS server. I appreciate the help.

'Jack [MVP-Networking said:
;904992']Hi
If there is a valid entry in the Device manager there should be a
valid
connection in the Control Panel.
Try to delete the Installation from the Device Manger, and be ready
with the
latest drivers for the NIC.
When Vista re-discovers it, install the updated drivers.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

"Wolf Pack" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I am working on a friend's Dell Optiplex 330 running Vista SP2. The
Broadcom Gigabit Controller is showing enabled and functional in
Device
Manager but does not show in Network Connections. IPCONFIG /all shows
the hardware connection with specific DNS entries. How do I get the
connection to show in Network Connections so I can change the
configuration to automatically assign IP/DNS?