S

Scotty

I just installed winXP pro upgrade. Because I run the SETI
program all the time, I leave my computer on 24/7. Since
installing xp, when my computer is otherwise idle for an
undetermined amount of time(I'm away, asleep,etc), I come
back and find my internet connection dead. I have turned
off everything I could think of both in windows and in the
bios, such as screen saver, hibernation, power saving, etc.
but the computer still seems to be going into some kind
of shutdown and my connection has been lost. Everything
worked fine under '98.

G

Nobody can provide an to answer this question but I get the same problem with my wireless internet connection; connection is dead and unrepairable once computer goes to standby. Only solution is to restart...annoying. Since computers are set to power save readily, this is a bug..... Recent ugrade to XP clean install.....will send me right back to Win2kPro, which did not have this problem..Seems networking has taken a step backwards with XP......Several posts but no responses???//?

G

this is why i hate xp, there is also an option in the properties of the nic (dbl click on the nic, bring up the prop page,and on the second tab (if i'm not mistaken, i'm doing this from mem, since i got rid of xp, that has the opt for power sav, sleep, what ever you want to call it, this is above and beyond the reg one in the display section of ctrl panel

G

couldn't find what you were referring to..but after using win2kpro....XP has a nice package but full of problems..fortunately I use a MAC most of the time.

Ask a Question