Looking for useful wallpaper

Michael Laplante

Windows wallpaper is largely a cosmetic gimmick. However, years ago I
stumbled across a site where you could download functional wallpaper. It was
wallpaper upon which you could organize your desktop icons in some sort of
functional fashion. For example, one was a flowchart type drawing where you
could group your icons in logical (to the user) fashion. Another was a
desktop with items such as a open briefcase, a clock, a pencil sharpener
upon which you could place working files, calendar programs, and utilities
(as an example).

I could make my own and will if necessary but wondered if anyone had come
across some already done.

Susan Bugher

Michael said:
Windows wallpaper is largely a cosmetic gimmick. However, years ago I
stumbled across a site where you could download functional wallpaper. It was
wallpaper upon which you could organize your desktop icons in some sort of
functional fashion. For example, one was a flowchart type drawing where you
could group your icons in logical (to the user) fashion. Another was a
desktop with items such as a open briefcase, a clock, a pencil sharpener
upon which you could place working files, calendar programs, and utilities
(as an example).

I could make my own and will if necessary but wondered if anyone had come
across some already done.

I wonder if you're thinking of this app:

Program: MyCorkboard
Author: MyCorkboard.com
Ware: (Registerware)
http://www.mycorkboard.com/

<q>
Personalize your PC with the award-winning MyCorkboard screen saver! Pick from hundreds of
drag-and-drop items to create your own personal design. Add clocks, photos, calendars, sticky notes,
to do lists, name plates, phone dialers, animated pets and dozens of amazing gizmos. We guarantee
you'll love it. Best of all, it's FREE!
</q>

That app and other desktop customizers are listed here:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_DESKTOP.php#1.20DesktopCustomizer

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Michael Laplante

Susan Bugher said:
I wonder if you're thinking of this app:

Program: MyCorkboard

No, I know that one. It was just the one site and the author had produced
about a dozen of these wallpapers that used a variety of metaphors. For
example, one was a tree and you could put icons for similar programs along
the various branches. It was a clever idea, but that was years ago and I
haven't come across it again.

Guess I'll have to make my own. . . Thx for the effort.