Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard now on sale

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I also use a G15, best keyboard I've ever owned.

The G19 keyboard is almost three times the price of the G15.

I honestly can't see how they can justify the price as the G19 doesn't really offer a great deal more over the G15.

I think it's possible they've mugged themselves with the pricing, especially in these recession-hit times.

And no, I won't be buying one...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I think if I was in the market for a gaming keyboard right now I'd very likely get the Razer Tarantula at 58 quid.

No small screen or illuminated keys but it looks as though the key action is superb and it does have macro switches.

Just thought I'd mention it :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
£145 for a keyboard? :eek:

I've got the G11, so it's like the G15 but without the LCD which I don't think I'd use much (do either of you find it useful?).

It looks very similar but with a better LCD module... although you could buy a G11 and a second 20" LCD monitor for that price!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I use the G15 Teamspeak plugin all the time, its so handy if your ingame or not looking at the TS app itself. :)

http://schmads.com/g15teamspeak.htm

It also displays xfire messages on to which is good if your ingame and if you use fraps, rivatuner etc that integrates too.

There's loads of programs you can get for it, performance monitors and alike. Quite a few games support it now too which is nice.

http://www.g15mods.com/ is a good place to start, and the Wiki is full of great info..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logitech_G15

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I've got the G11, so it's like the G15 but without the LCD which I don't think I'd use much (do either of you find it useful?).

I don't use the LCD screen on my G15.

That's because I can't actually use it.

The reason being I'm using a KVM switch between main computer and media computer and that disables it for some odd reason.

When I did have it active I rarely used it and actually found it to be a distraction.

Were I going to purchase a Logi G11 or G15 now I'd go for the G11.

But, when I eventually get an LCD TV for my media computer and retire the KVM switch I will try using the LCD display again and see how I get on with it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
V_R said:
It also displays xfire messages on to which is good if your ingame and if you use fraps, rivatuner etc that integrates too.

Ah yes, now that would be handy! Something that showed IM notices and E-mails would be quite good now that I think about it.

floppybootstomp said:
The reason being I'm using a KVM switch between main computer and media computer and that disables it for some odd reason.

That's a shame :( Does your KVM do USB ports too?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
That's a shame :( Does your KVM do USB ports too?

The KVM switch does stereo audio; microphone; 2 x USB for mouse & keyboard and a DVI connection for the monitor. It works well, it's the one I done a review on.

The issue with the G15 keyboard was covered in some depth on the follow-on thread from my KVM review :)

Ask a Question