Locked form: {End} key with arrows doesn't work as normal

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Programming' started by Guest, Jul 11, 2005.

    I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP.

    I have designed some forms in an Excel sheet using borders, cell shading,
    etc.
    There are also certain cells containing formulas that should not be changed,
    so those cells are protected. Also, protection is set to only allow users to
    select unprotected cells.

    It all works fine, but when protection is on and users try to use the {End}
    key in conjunction with one of the arrow keys to move the cell pointer around
    in the form, it doesn't work as normal. Pressing {End} moves the cell pointer
    to the last cell (rather than just turning on the {End} function). Then when
    you use an arrow key, the cell pointer only moves one cell. This is very
    annoying to some users.

    My question is, is there a work around to this or do these users just need
    to live with it?

    Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Jul 11, 2005

    Are you using DataEntryMode (Application.DataEntryMode=True)? That is the
    only thing I could find that would exhibit this behavior. Try setting the
    DataEntryMode to false. Usually just protecting the sheet is enough, you
    don't need to force the data entry mode.
    --
    Happy Coding,

    Scott

    Guest, Jul 11, 2005