Local Profile

Winn

After my system froze, I'm no longer able to sign on with
my user name and password.

I know my files are still saved as I can find then.

What do I need to do so that I can sign on with my local
profile.

Thanks -Winn

Mike Shepperd [MSFT]

Hi Winn,

It would be important to find out what role the down system plays. Is it a
workstation, memberserver or Domain Controller, what OS, service pack
level, etc...

The generic answer for a workstation or member server is listed here but if
you want to provide more information about the specifics we can get more
granular.

I'm assuming that you had to do a hard restart, after the system "froze",
which may have caused the local security accounts database to be corrupted.
If that is the case, the most likely plan to get you into a bootable
system is going to be performing a parallel installation of the operating
system and recovering your data off of the existing install.

Please see:
266465 HOW TO: Perform a Parallel Installation of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266465

--
Mike Shepperd MCSE Windows 2000/NT 4.0
Support Engineer