    in my home). I am curious why this message keeps poping up. Thanks!
    --
    Bob Felton

    Bob Felton, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Bob Felton

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Bob Felton

    M8RIX Guest

    Open up "Network Connections" and select the connection you are using. I
    assume it is a 1394 connection since you said it is a wired connection.
    Right click and select properties, un-check "Show icon in notification area
    when connected" and "Notify me when this connection has limited or no
    connectivity"

    M8RIX, Mar 20, 2006
  4. Bob Felton

    Bob Felton Guest

    Thanks for your response. I like having that icon so I can tell when
    there is network activity. I support a couple of networks at client
    sites. These are fully wired networks. The machines on those
    networks have the icon showing in the system tray as well. The
    machines on those networks never display the subject popup with the
    possible exception of when booting up. I would like to know why the
    message pops up on my machine, apparently randomly, after (and long
    after) the machine has booted.

    --
    Bob Felton

    Bob Felton, Mar 20, 2006
  5. Bob Felton

    Yves Leclerc Guest

    On 20/03/2006 Bob Felton <> wrote:
    >Thanks for your response. I like having that icon so I can tell when
    >there is network activity. I support a couple of networks at client
    >sites. These are fully wired networks. The machines on those
    >networks have the icon showing in the system tray as well. The
    >machines on those networks never display the subject popup with the
    >possible exception of when booting up. I would like to know why the
    >message pops up on my machine, apparently randomly, after (and long
    >after) the machine has booted.
    >

    >On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:07:32 -0800, "M8RIX" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Open up "Network Connections" and select the connection you are using. I
    >>assume it is a 1394 connection since you said it is a wired connection.
    >>Right click and select properties, un-check "Show icon in notification area
    >>when connected" and "Notify me when this connection has limited or no
    >>connectivity"
    >>"Bob Felton" <> wrote in message
    >>>I receive a "Local Area Connection is now connected" popup message
    >>> quite often. My computer is configured with a fixed IP address and
    >>> connects via a wired connection to a Linksys WET54GS which connects
    >>> wirelessly to a Linksys WRT54GS which connects via a wired connection
    >>> to a Linksys cable modem. The link between the WET54GS and WRT54GS is
    >>> extremely strong (only 25 feet distance through one carpentry ceiling
    >>> in my home). I am curious why this message keeps poping up. Thanks!
    >>> --
    >>> Bob Felton

    Usually whenever you get this pop-up, you need to double check the network
    adapter, Windows power saving mode(s) and the network cable. Most of the
    time, it seems that your network cable is failing. The Ethernet cable may be
    starting to have some of the internet wires breaking and by moving the cable
    around, you either make the wires connect or disconnect.

    --
    ---

    Y.

    Yves Leclerc, Mar 20, 2006
  6. Bob Felton

    Bob Felton Guest

    Thanks, I'll look into those areas. Is it possible it has something
    to do with the actual Internet connection at the cable modem? I do
    have a dynamic Internet IP address which, I assume, does change at
    times - but how often I don't know.

    Bob Felton, Mar 20, 2006