Local Area Connection Error

Dan

I am having trouble with a w2k computer. When I right
click on "local area connection" and select properties, I
get the error "Unexpected Error Occurred". I cannot get
to the properties window.

I know something weird is happening with this computer. I
went to the event viewer to view an event and right
clicking on an event entry and selecting properties does
not display a properties window.

Any ideas.

Dan

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Dan,

Try the following steps.

regsvr32 /u netplwiz.dll
and
regsvr32 netplwiz.dll

If this does not work, try to delete the netplwiz.dll and copy it from the
dllcache folder to the windows\system32 folder.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Microsoft Online Partner Support

MCSE 2000

This posting is provided ¡°as is¡± with no warranties and confers no rights.
| From: "Dan" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Dan" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Local Area Connection Error
| Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:49:50 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
|

| I am having trouble with a w2k computer. When I right
| click on "local area connection" and select properties, I
| get the error "Unexpected Error Occurred". I cannot get
| to the properties window.
|
| I know something weird is happening with this computer. I
| went to the event viewer to view an event and right
| clicking on an event entry and selecting properties does
| not display a properties window.
|
| Any ideas.
|
| Dan

Dan

Steven,
I gave that a try with no change. I still
get "unexpected error occurred.".

Danny

Dan

Steven,
I found the problem. Apparently the user had downloaded Internet
Explorer 6 and never rebooted the computer. After a reboot, the problem was
corrected. The user thought they had rebooted, but had not.

Thanks for your assistance.

Danny