Windows XP Live bookmarks in firefox

Reaction score
Have tried in vain to suss this out, am I being really thick? Are live bookmarks the same as RSS? How do I set up say bbc news feeds to appear as a drop down bookmark like the default news main headlines bookmark on the standard firefox setup?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
live feeds are the same as RSS, in the address bar you should see the orange feed icon, either click it and bookmark it or drag it to the bookmarks toolbar and your done

Reaction score
still not working

tried what you suggested but the bookmark just goes to the bbc page, it doesnt form a dropdown like the original "news" one - what am I doing wrong? Dragged the button to the toolbar and also right clicked and bookmarked - had same effect?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I made a folder for the RRS feeds and put it in the 'Bookmarks toolbar folder' Then when the red icon is in the address bar click on it once and navigate to the RRS feeds folder.

That way i get a drop down menu with the feeds that expand when you hover the mouse over them.

:)

Reaction score
figured it out

Thanks - I managed to get it to work by going to "file" "new live bookmark" in the bookmark manager then copying the address of the feed into the properties box.

Ask a Question