List of DOS Commands for xp

b.brett

How can I get the DOS level window to list all the DOS
commands available in the XP operating system?

Rob Schneider

type the command "help" (without quotations) in a command prompt box. I
will list a lot of commands. Don't know if it is all or not.

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

Hemlock

Ping is not listed by typing help

TCP/IP commands
http://www.commentum.com/tech-support/tcp-ip-commands.html

Troubleshooting Utility Function
PING Verifies and tests connectivity
WinIPCFG Displays the current TCP/IP configuration and information on
windows 95/98
IPCONFIG Displays the current TCP/IP configuration and information on
98/NT/2000
TRACERT Displays the path a packet takes to a destination host
computer
NETSTAT Displays the TCP/IP protocol sessions, connections and open
port connection information
NBTSTAT Displays a list of NetBIOS computer names that have been
resolved to IP addresses
ROUTE Displays or modifies the local routing table
ARP Displays the cache of locally resolved IP addresses to MAC (media
access control) addresses
LPQ Obtains status of the print queue on a host running the LPD
services

HTH

Hemlock

Go>start\run and type in cmd and click ok or hit enter on your keyboard then when the Command line interface opens type in Help and hit enter on your keyboard. Then to get the parameters type in a command and then /? and a list of the parameters will be displayed. For instance type in start /? and make sure you put the space after the start and before the /? . Good luck.

zulu

I just tried this.
(type the command "help" (without quotations) in a command prompt box)
The DOS window only stays open for a few milliseconds!
Now what?

Jim Macklin

Start , Run... type cmd. That will open the command line
window. Then type help
To close the window either click the X or type exit.

wrote in message
| | > type the command "help" (without quotations) in a
command prompt box. I
| > will list a lot of commands. Don't know if it is all or
not.

| > Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.
| >
| > rms
| >

| > b.brett wrote:
| > > How can I get the DOS level window to list all the DOS
| > > commands available in the XP operating system?

Jim Macklin

You're welcome.
| Ah!
| Thank you :)
|
| --
| ¦ zulu ¦

in message
| | > Start , Run... type cmd. That will open the command
line
| > window. Then type help
| > To close the window either click the X or type exit.

| > | (type the command "help" (without quotations) in a
command
| > prompt box)
| > | The DOS window only stays open for a few milliseconds!
| > | Now what?
| > |
| > |
| > | "Rob Schneider"
<rmschne@removetheones_b1e1e1b.net.net>
| > command prompt box. I
all or
| > not.

DOS
| > |
| > |

Check in the c:\windows\system32 directory check all of the applications with a dos symbol. It is best to check out what they do by typing the command and /? which will give you a clue.

Bill Sharpe

b.brett said:
How can I get the DOS level window to list all the DOS
commands available in the XP operating system?

For the most informative information(I know this isn't what you asked for
directly):

Start | Help, then type in "cmd prompt" in the search box

You should see a group of links. Select the command line reference a-z and
you'll find more commands than you'll ever remember, including Ping.

Bill