List all registered DLL

Try my computer/search,type:DLL Make sure it searches in protected files/
folders.To get the max search,open folder options,uncheck "hide protected"
uncheck "hide extensions" chk "show hidden" close out,run search.When thru
restore defaults to folder options.

Wesley Vogel

And how does that show if the .dll files are registered or not?

Files are registered in the registry either when the related application is
installed or by using regsvr32.exe to register self-registering files
manually.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Ray,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my knowledge, there is a utility called ListDLLs to list all
running DLLs but it works on Windows 9x, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, and Win2K.

Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs
processes have opened or loaded. If Process Explorer is in DLL mode you'll
see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded.
Process Explorer for Windows v10.21
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
| Subject: List all registered DLL
| Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:11:26 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| Is there a way to list all the registered DLLs in the system?
|
| Thank you.
|
| --
| Ray Yung

Wesley Vogel

System Information...
Start | Run | Type: msinfo32 | Click OK |
[+] Software Environment | Loaded Modules

Loaded Modules
[[Loaded Modules is located in the Software Environment category in System
Information. It displays information about programs that are running on your
system, including their associated DLLs. You can use Loaded Modules to
verify the version of a DLL on your system, in addition to its file date and
path.]]

Nobody has answered the OPs question.

I do not know about listing them, but if they are registered, they are in
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID

The content of which comes from...
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Wesley,

Thanks for your information sharing.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Wesley Vogel" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: List all registered DLL
| Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:48:18 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| System Information...
| Start | Run | Type: msinfo32 | Click OK |
| [+] Software Environment | Loaded Modules
|
| Loaded Modules
| [[Loaded Modules is located in the Software Environment category in System
| Information. It displays information about programs that are running on
your
| system, including their associated DLLs. You can use Loaded Modules to
| verify the version of a DLL on your system, in addition to its file date
and
| path.]]
|
| Nobody has answered the OPs question.
|
| I do not know about listing them, but if they are registered, they are in
| HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID
|
| The content of which comes from...
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID
| and
| HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID
|
| --
| Hope this helps. Let us know.
|
| Wes
| MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
|
| In | "Ken Zhao [MSFT]" <[email protected]> hunted and pecked:
| > Hello Ray,
| >
| > Thank you for using newsgroup!
| >
| > Based on my knowledge, there is a utility called ListDLLs to list all
| > running DLLs but it works on Windows 9x, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, and Win2K.
| >
| > Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs
| > processes have opened or loaded. If Process Explorer is in DLL mode
you'll
| > see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded.
| > Process Explorer for Windows v10.21

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| >
| > =====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| > =====================================================
| > rights.
| >

| > --------------------
| >> From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
| >> Subject: List all registered DLL
| >> Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:11:26 -0500
| >> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
| >>
| >> Is there a way to list all the registered DLLs in the system?
| >>
| >> Thank you.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Ray Yung

Wesley Vogel

Well, it wasn't much, Ken.

What are you using for a newsreader?

Your message source doesn't show it.

And your replies seem to show the entire header from the message that you're
replying to.

Does X-Tomcat-NG and Apache Tomcat have something to do with this?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

From: "Wesley Vogel" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: List all registered DLL
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:48:18 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

Ken Zhao said:
Hello Ray,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

Based on my knowledge, there is a utility called ListDLLs to list all
running DLLs but it works on Windows 9x, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, and Win2K.

Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs
processes have opened or loaded. If Process Explorer is in DLL mode
you'll see the DLLs and memory-mapped files that the process has loaded.
Process Explorer for Windows v10.21
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

Ray Yung

Thans for your reply.

I know about Process Explorer but it won't help in my case. I need to know
all the registered DLL, not all dll load into memory...

About the ListDLLs, where can I find this utility and does it support WinXP?
Also, can I some how script it in a batch file or VB script?

Thank you.

Wesley Vogel

ListDLLs v2.25
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/ListDlls.mspx

http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ListDlls.zip

DLL - Informant
http://www.jps.at/dllinfoinfo.html

What its good for ?
* Shows ALL DLLs on your system, and ALL applications that use them.
* Handy if you have several "equal" DLLs and are not sure which one to
keep, and which one to purge.
* Intuitive interface
* Find out which DLL is NOT USED by anybody, which DLL is a registered OLE
server etc..
* Find out which modules are 16 Bit and which are 32.
* Export complete information database

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
Subject: List all registered DLL
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:11:26 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

Is there a way to list all the registered DLLs in the system?

Thank you.

Ray Yung

I try ListDLLs, it seem to show all DLL loaded into memory not DLL
registered....

I will try the DLL - Informant.

Thank you.

--
Ray Yung

From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:11:26 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

Is there a way to list all the registered DLLs in the system?

Thank you.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: List all registered DLL
| Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:52:17 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| I try ListDLLs, it seem to show all DLL loaded into memory not DLL
| registered....
|
| I will try the DLL - Informant.
|
| Thank you.
|
| --
| Ray Yung
| | > ListDLLs v2.25

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/ListDlls.m
spx

| > http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ListDlls.zip
| >
| > DLL - Informant
| > http://www.jps.at/dllinfoinfo.html
| >
| > What its good for ?
| > * Shows ALL DLLs on your system, and ALL applications that use them.
| > * Handy if you have several "equal" DLLs and are not sure which one to
| > keep, and which one to purge.
| > * Intuitive interface
| > * Find out which DLL is NOT USED by anybody, which DLL is a registered
| > OLE
| > server etc..
| > * Find out which modules are 16 Bit and which are 32.
| > * Export complete information database
| >
| > --
| > Hope this helps. Let us know.
| >
| > Wes
| > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| >
| > In | > Ray Yung <[email protected]> hunted and pecked:
| >> Thans for your reply.
| >>
| >> I know about Process Explorer but it won't help in my case. I need to
| >> know
| >> all the registered DLL, not all dll load into memory...
| >>
| >> About the ListDLLs, where can I find this utility and does it support
| >> WinXP? Also, can I some how script it in a batch file or VB script?
| >>
| >> Thank you.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Ray Yung

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

Ray Yung

I try DLL - Informant, it search my whole harddrive for DLLs. But I only
want a list of registered DLLs.......

Can anyome help?

--
Ray Yung
"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hope that helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

rights.

--------------------
| From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: List all registered DLL
| Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:52:17 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
|
| I try ListDLLs, it seem to show all DLL loaded into memory not DLL
| registered....
|
| I will try the DLL - Informant.
|
| Thank you.
|
| --
| Ray Yung
| | > ListDLLs v2.25

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/ProcessesAndThreads/ListDlls.m
spx

| > http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ListDlls.zip
| >
| > DLL - Informant
| > http://www.jps.at/dllinfoinfo.html
| >
| > What its good for ?
| > * Shows ALL DLLs on your system, and ALL applications that use them.
| > * Handy if you have several "equal" DLLs and are not sure which one
| > keep, and which one to purge.
| > * Intuitive interface
| > * Find out which DLL is NOT USED by anybody, which DLL is a
registered
| > OLE
| > server etc..
| > * Find out which modules are 16 Bit and which are 32.
| > * Export complete information database
| >
| > --
| > Hope this helps. Let us know.
| >
| > Wes
| > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
| >
| > In | > Ray Yung <[email protected]> hunted and pecked:
| >> Thans for your reply.
| >>
| >> I know about Process Explorer but it won't help in my case. I need to
| >> know
| >> all the registered DLL, not all dll load into memory...
| >>
| >> About the ListDLLs, where can I find this utility and does it support
| >> WinXP? Also, can I some how script it in a batch file or VB script?
| >>
| >> Thank you.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Ray Yung

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.mspx

newsreader
so

Wesley Vogel

Can anyome help?

Apparently not.

Try posting in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general more people hang around
there.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

From: "Ray Yung" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 15:11:26 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

Is there a way to list all the registered DLLs in the system?

Thank you.

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Thanks Wesley.