Linux is it bad?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is that serious :eek:

I got turned off at the title "FOR GOD, FREEDOM AND GEORGE W. BUSH - ONE NATION UNDER GOD : : U - S - A : (Love it or Leave it!)"

Very, very, very interesting link you've found there! I can hardly believe it!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, and the programmable computer was invented in the UK which they got wrong ;)

I've just checked out the main page of that site - I can hardly believe it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep ... very bad!

laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you read the comments :eek: This blog must surely be a joke to wind people up?

Yes, Linux is a primative European clone; It is much less capable than Windows. In fact it omits features that were standard in Windows back in 1998; For example Linux has no built-in anti-virus or anti-spyware software.

You cannot even buy popular utilities like Norton Security to compensate for this fact. There are no tools for common tasks like defragging a hard disk. God knows what you would use to send a fax or make a website. You cannot even get Front Page for Linux.

Linux is that bad; The only explaination I can think for people using it is that it by-passes the protection given by American companies and the Dept of Homeland Security. It should be considered a terrorist program.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I sometime wonder about you lot ...

;)

The funny thing is though, after reading all of the other blog posts I'm not sure if the site is a joke. I hope it is :lol:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thats no joke...That is someones blog and personal opinion....Although a very ignorant and uneducated one..

It could only happen in America.....:lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Thats no joke...That is someones blog and personal opinion....Although a very ignorant and uneducated one..

It could only happen in America.....:lol:
CL is right ... I can only assume they allow 'inmates' access to PCs in mental institutions over there ... maybe Alf knows.

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Each time I think I'm warming to America I'm given a sharp reminder of how wealth and power doesn't naturally equate to intelligence
laughingsmiley.gif

That blog defies comment, really.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Each time I think I'm warming to America I'm given a sharp reminder of how wealth and power doesn't naturally equate to intelligence
laughingsmiley.gif

That blog defies comment, really.
If the article was about Microsoft i could just about understand it. May be that's why those bought up on a diet of MS & MacDonald's think anything free is bad?

Ask a Question