Links to xlt and dot files

KC Rippstein hotmail com>

Hi. I'm using FP2002 and setting up a very simple intranet page with
hyperlinks to files on our internal network drive. I set up the files as
..dot and .xlt files so that when people open them they won't overwrite my
templates. I also set up each link to open as a new window.

However, when someone clicks on any of the hyperlinks, they open the actual
template in Edit mode instead of creating a New document based on the
template.

So for now I've had to resort to renaming all the files as .doc and .xls and
using Windows to set each file to Read-Only. This is not ideal, though, so I
was hoping someone could offer some guidance?

KC hotmail com>

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. I've already gone around to
everyone's machine (40 people in 4 states) and set their machines to open
doc, xls, and ppt files in their native Office apps. Now it sounds like I'd
need to go back and do that all over again this time setting dot and xlt
extensions to open that way as well. Drat!