    --
    Thanks,
    Paul

    Guest, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Open the form in design view. Click on the control that holds the subform,
    then click on Properties icon on toolbar and then click on Data tab.

    Post here what is in the LinkChildFields and LinkMasterFields properties.

    --

    Ken Snell
    <MS ACCESS MVP>

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > I never had this problem before; however, I have a main form and subform
    > linked together. When I type in data in the first field of the subform -

    > get the following error...
    >
    > "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The

    object

    Ken Snell [MVP], Dec 2, 2004

    Link Child Fields: DCFLNum
    Link Master Fields: Tbl_Case.DCFLNum

    I hope this helps,

    Paul

    Guest, Dec 2, 2004

    Duane Hookom Guest

    Try correct what the error suggests by removing the Tbl_case from the Link
    Master. All you should need is the field name.

    --
    Duane Hookom
    MS Access MVP

    Duane Hookom, Dec 2, 2004
  5. And if that doesn't work (because you have more than one field named DCFLNum
    in the subform's recordsource query), put [ ] characters around the entire
    name:

    [Tbl_Case.DCFLNum]

    --

    Ken Snell
    <MS ACCESS MVP>

    Ken Snell [MVP], Dec 2, 2004

    CPLWeeks

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same issue, and this solution took care of it. Thanks much!

    CPLWeeks, Jul 1, 2010

    TroubledProgrammer

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2011
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Haha wow. This problem stumped me for hours till I googled it and came to this thread. I canot believe the solution was that simple haha. What I don't understand is when the table prefix was added, or when it became a problem, in the LinkMasterFields property. I know I never put it there and all logic says it shouldn't matter if it is there or not. Sorry I just like to know things like that. If anyone knows what makes this problem appear seemingly out of nowhere I would be grateful If you could post it :D

    TroubledProgrammer, Oct 28, 2011

    raji

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This error occurs when repetitive and careless renaming of the controls creates two or more subroutines with the same name:

    Private Sub controlname_Click()
    empty
    End Sub

    Private Sub controlname_Click()