Linking cd player to pc?

Reaction score
hello again all, havnt been here for some time :thumb:. Anyways -

Im pretty sure there is a smiple way to do this, anybody know? :D

cheers -

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
you just need a cable which you plug into your cd player nto the headphones port our the audio out port and then you have to plug it in to a port in your soundcard not sure which one though

the cable looks like a headphone cable but without the headphones on one end and with the plug on both ends

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
from the headphones to the line in on the PC with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm lead

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The headphone socket will work, but there's a chance you may suffer distortion, it requires quite a high level to drive headphones.

To get true line level input, get a two x phono plug (RCA plug) to 3.5mm stereo jack plug lead and take the audio out from the CD player to the line in of your sound card/on board sound.

This is a rather nifty way to beat them 'protected' CD's, btw, but you will only create an analogue recording.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
you still using that heap ??

Hmmm ... get a set of powered speakers and plug them ito the CD Player ... less bother.

;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just had a thought - is this CD player a Hi Fi seperate or a Walkman style thingie?

I was thinking it was a Hi Fi seperate.

If it's a portable device, the headphone socket is your only option.

Ask a Question