    with program code A update automatically to the Program A workbook and all
    entries with Program Code B update to the Program B.

    Can I make this work?

    avinity, Jan 13, 2010

  2. 1. In EXCEL 2007 Set up 2 Workbooks one called avinity1.xlsx the other
    called avinity2.xlsx.

    2. In avinity1 Workbook in cell A 1 type, for example, this is cell A1.

    3. Go to avinity2 Workbook and in cell A1 type:-

    =[avinity1.xlsx]Sheet1!$A$1

    This will copy the information directly from the avinity1 Workbook.

    There are other ways of doing this.

    Thanks.

    trip_to_tokyo, Jan 13, 2010

  3. Alternatively the following may help:-

    1. In avinity1 type in data (any data that you like) in cells A 6 to E 7
    inclusive (10 cells in total - you can make this range any size you like).

    2. Highlight the range from number 1. above and do a Ctrl-C to copy.

    3. Go to avinity2 Workbook (any cell that you like) then Home group / Paste
    / Paste Link. You should see that the data from avinity1 is copied in. Now,
    if you amend avinity1, for the said range, it will update avinity2
    automatically.

    Thanks.

    trip_to_tokyo, Jan 13, 2010