linked sql 2000 tables in access and create table statement

G

Hi

I have created an Access 2000 database which links to all the tables on a remote SQL Server 2000 database.

How do I write the sql statement (or modify the sql statement generated in the query design mode) so that in a create table statement the table is created on the server?

currently any unmodified create table statement will create it on the local acess database.

I'd appreciate how to create the tables on the actual server and have the linked connection automatically be generated. Is this possible?

or should I be developing in Query analyzer or the query builder in enterprise manager?

any other suggests to a development architecture would be appreicated, thank you

M

Mary Chipman

Access isn't the best tool to use to create SQL Server objects. Use
the Enterprise Manager / Query Analyzer. You can obtain the Developer
edition of SQL Server (which includes all of the client tools) for
$49. The license agreement prohibits you from using it in a production
environment, but it's great for creating and securing all of your SQL
Server objects.

--Mary

G

You can also use a pass through query to execute the create table statement, but the syntax for it must be SQL Server compliant as the statement is executed as is on the server.

Ask a Question