Linked cell shows ######

Jennifer

I'm working in 2007 and I am getting ######## in a few linked cells.

I remember in Excel 2003 there was a limit to how many characters will show
in a linked cell, but I thought Excel 2007 fixed this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Eduardo

Hi,
change the column with to see it, or edit the formula and then press F9 so
you can see how many characters you have, other option will be to format the
column to 2 decimals

Jennifer

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I have linked text, not numbers.

I remember 2003 limited to 250 text characters, but I thought 2007 gave you
unlimited?

Thanks again!

PA

According to Excel 2007 help:

Column width 255 characters
Total number of characters that a cell can contain 32,767 characters
Characters in a header or footer 255

Jim Cone

Try changing the cell number format to General.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA