    I want to limit my 4 kids time individually on the
    computer each day on windows xp. Is there some kind of
    timer on xp? Or some program I can get?

    kevin queen, Jul 18, 2003

  2. kevin queen

    mike Guest

    heres extract from windows help:

    Microsoft network server: Disconnect clients when logon
    hours expireComputer Configuration\Windows
    Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

    Description
    Determines whether to disconnect users who are connected
    to the local computer outside their user account's valid
    logon hours. This setting affects the Server Message
    Block (SMB) component.

    When this policy is enabled, it causes client sessions
    with the SMB Service to be forcibly disconnected when the
    client's logon hours expire.

    If this policy is disabled, an established client session
    is allowed to be maintained after the client's logon
    hours have expired.

    Default: Undefined.

    For more information, see:

    Set logon hours
    Security Configuration Manager Tools
    otherwise for user policy check:
    Local computer policy snap-in in root console:
    start menu/run/mmc
    here file/add snapin/add/group policy

    mike, Jul 18, 2003

  3. kevin queen <> wrote:
    > I want to limit my 4 kids time individually on the
    > computer each day on windows xp. Is there some kind of
    > timer on xp? Or some program I can get?

    Not Exactly what you are looking for.. but may be of some value.
    The program I used to recommend seems to have vanished.

    Situation: You want to restrict the logon days / times of a user
    account in XP and are a standalone machine.
    Reason: You may wish to restrict teens who arrive home before adult
    supervision from accessing your broadband always on connection, limit
    employees to only work hours access etc..
    Steps:
    To Set restrictions:

    1.. Click Start
    2.. Click Run
    3.. Type cmd in the run box and press enter.
    4.. The following is a sample of what you would type:
    net user testuser /times:M-F,5pm-9pm; Sa,6am-9pm;Su,6am-9pm

    Where testuser is the local account name.

    To Remove Restrictions:

    1.. Click Start
    2.. Click Run
    3.. Type cmd in the run box and press enter.
    4.. The following is a sample of what you would type:
    net user testuser /times:all

    Where testuser is the local account name.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    "Just trying to help"

    How to Use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups
    http://tinyurl.com/fkja

    How do I go about posting an informative question?
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    How to use Google
    http://www.google.com/help/basics.html
    http://tinyurl.com/fkmc