License question. One domain multiple sites

G

Can the TS License Server issue licenses to other physical sites which are on the same domain????

Here is my problem

I am running Windows 2003 domain with 2 domain controllers one of them a license server. I have 4 Windows 2000 terminal servers. What is happening is that the licenses are starting to expire and in event viewer on one of the terminal servers it gives event ID 26 as seen below

Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 7/20/2004
Time: 2:34:16 PM
User: N/A
Computer: C4-TERMSERV3
Description:
Application popup: Terminal Services Warning : Your terminal services temporary client license will expire in 13 days.
Please contact your system administrator to get a permanent license.
ts telling me to contact administrator for permanent license specifically event .

I am also getting Event Id 1010 twice a day

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1010
Date: 7/20/2004
Time: 1:59:21 PM
User: N/A
Computer: C4-TERMSERV3
Description:
The terminal services could not locate a license server. Confirm that all license servers on the network are registered in WINS\DNS, accepting network requests, and the Terminal Services Licensing Service is running.

Now this is only happening on two of my terminal servers that are in the same location as the domain controller without the license sever. The location with the license server also has 2 terminal servers. They do not have this problem.

I tried the registry fix. Establishing preferred windows 2000 terminal services license server and that did not help
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;239107&sd=tech

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

V

Vera Noest [MVP]

This should work, provided that the TS can resolve the NetBIOS
name of the LicenseServer. Have you tried to enter the IPnumber of
the LS into the registry of the TS?

Ask a Question