License or Serial Numbers

max

Where whould I look to get find out how to implement a License or
Serial number for software products? I would like some ideas for
impleting a fairly simple solution, basically where can I look to find
out what to do?

Thanks,
max

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

http://windowsforms.net/articles/Licensing.aspx

Ken
------------------
<max> wrote in message Where whould I look to get find out how to implement a License or
Serial number for software products? I would like some ideas for
impleting a fairly simple solution, basically where can I look to find
out what to do?

Thanks,
max

max

Thanks Ken,

But I was looking for some leads or ideas how to do something simple
for myself. I know it's probably better to stick with .Net but ...

Thanks again,
--max

max

Thanks Herfried,

But I was looking for some leads or ideas how to do something simple
for myself. I know it's probably better to stick with .Net but ...

Thanks again,
--max

Rick Rothstein

But I was looking for some leads or ideas how to do
something simple for myself. I know it's probably
better to stick with .Net but ...

Are you using VB.NET? If so, consider this...

Almost everybody in this newsgroup is using VB6 or lower. While you may
get a stray answer to VB.NET (including VB2003 and VB2005 which has
dropped .NET from its name) questions here, you should ask them in
newsgroups devoted exclusively to .NET programming. Look for newsgroups
with either the word "dotnet" or "vsnet" in their name.

For the microsoft news server, try these newsgroups for Visual Basic
..NET related questions...

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.upgrade
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.controls
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.data

And these for more general .NET questions

microsoft.public.dotnet.general
microsoft.public.vsnet.general

Note: There are many other .NET newgroups (use the first three "fields"
from the last two as templates when searching for them), but the above
ones should get you started.

Rick

max

Thanks Rick,

If you notice the question is to both dotnet.vb,dotnet.csharp, AND
vb.general.discussion. Thanks for the advice, good job policing the
group.

Later,
--max

Rick Rothstein [MVP - Visual Basic]

Nope! I never looked in the Newsgroup field to see the multiple posting
(normally, I don't look). Sorry for the noise to the actual .NET
newsgroups.

Rick

Ken Halter

Thanks Rick,

If you notice the question is to both dotnet.vb,dotnet.csharp, AND
vb.general.discussion. Thanks for the advice, good job policing the
group.

Later,
--max

I guess 3 out of 4 groups make it Ok? I'll post my next question to
vb.syntax, vb.general, vb.winapi and joes.plumbing.general.