License Manger re-adds usernames after deletion

G

We are using Windows 2000 Server and Exchange Server. I have deleted several usernames from Active Directory that are no longer with the company (I do this by right clicking on the user name in Active Directory and select delete and also delete the users mailbox), but when I check the event viewer on the server I get several error message saying that we are out of licenses. When I check to see the list of users using the licenses in the license manager under Administrative Tools, all the people that I deleted are there. I have selected these in the license manager and deleted them and the license manager goes down in number but then after a few days the same deleted user names are back again and taking up Sever licenses and Exchange licenses. I am assuming that these users need to be removed in another area, but I am not sure where. Does anyone know what to do here?

R

Richard McCall [MSFT]

The info you are seeing is being replicated up for Member server in the
domain.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;194065

Leanne said:
We are using Windows 2000 Server and Exchange Server. I have deleted
several usernames from Active Directory that are no longer with the company
(I do this by right clicking on the user name in Active Directory and select
delete and also delete the users mailbox), but when I check the event viewer
on the server I get several error message saying that we are out of
licenses. When I check to see the list of users using the licenses in the
license manager under Administrative Tools, all the people that I deleted
are there. I have selected these in the license manager and deleted them and
the license manager goes down in number but then after a few days the same
deleted user names are back again and taking up Sever licenses and Exchange
licenses. I am assuming that these users need to be removed in another area,
but I am not sure where. Does anyone know what to do here?

G

Thanks for the info - what I did today was add an extra 50 new licenses to the license manager for the Windows 2000 server and Exchange Server. The license manager let me do that and all I had to do was accept an agreement after you enter the number of new licenses and now I have enough licenses and don't receive the error message. It's cheating, but we are not even using all or our purchased licenses to begin with. We have 50 actual purchased licenses that are per seat for both the file and exchange server (100 in total) but we currently only have 24 people at our office. It's pretty stupid that the license manager does not purge old usernames when they are deleted from network.

Ask a Question