LG Super-Multi N2A2 2TB NAS

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Spot take a look at the LG Super-Multi N2A2 2TB NAS, designed to be a little lighter on the wallet than some competing NAS units:

As we have repeatedly discovered when dealing with NAS products, there is much more to consider than just storage capacity and price. These devices are highly dependent on the hardware and software that drives them and either can cause the product to fail. Realizing that, we're extremely eager to find out what makes the LG N2A2 tick, let's take a closer look...

Read the review here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not a bad NAS for the price. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like it's just over £160 in the UK, so cheaper than going for a QNAP or something similar.

That said, the QNAP NAS I'm using at the moment is probably my favorite tech buy of the last few years - I use it all the time (Imaging backups from PCs, backups automatically downloaded from PC Review, MySQL/PHP dev testing, all my music streams from there, photo/movie streams to PS3, remote access if needed, etc...). :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Which one have you got Ian? The one you did the review on?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, the TS-239 Pro Turbo :) Must have had it for close to a couple of years now, but the feature set has expanded quite a bit through firmware updates.

Most handy for me is the auto backup feature, so I can download all of the PCR server backups overnight without having to do anything.

Reaction score
I've just wasted a day trying to get a N2A2 device onto a network. No matter what I did, the NASDetector would not 'see' the device. Unfortunately the LG support in the UK is ambivalent at best about supporting their product and to date I've not been able to get in touch with them by phone. I'm sorry LG, but email support just doesn't cut it.
And LG's support website really isn't up to much either. If the device cannot be found on the network then you are pretty dead in the water because there is no way to change any parameters except through the NASDetector interface.
The device has lots of potential, which was my reason for buying it in the first place, but unfortunately the important support when it fails is sadly lacking.
In my opinion, I would not recommend this device purely because the LG support is so poor for it.

Ask a Question