LFW of TimeCore Solo?

Susan Bugher

Program: TimeCore Solo
Company: Back-to-front Solutions Ltd.

The Wayback Machine was no help:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.back2front.co.uk/

"We're sorry, access to http://www.back2front.co.uk/ has been blocked by
the site owner via robots.txt."

Does anyone know what the last freeware version of TimeCore Solo is?
Were there any Liteware versions before this app bit the dust?

TIA

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mike Dee

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.back2front.co.uk/

"We're sorry, access to http://www.back2front.co.uk/ has been
blocked by the site owner via robots.txt."

Stripping out the web.archive.org part gets you around robots.txt
but no mention of TC Solo there...
Does anyone know what the last freeware version of TimeCore Solo
is? Were there any Liteware versions before this app bit the dust?

<http://www.littlesistersbookstore.com/lsbreview/may2004/downloads.html>

Archive it while you can.

Susan Bugher

The download link is for "tcore1543.exe" so presumably that's v 1.5.43

Burnr has that archived:
http://freeware4u.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=199
v 1.5.43

Tucows has a later version

http://www.tucows.com/preview/304611
TimeCore Solo 2.4.1
License Freeware

I don't know if that's the last free version that's available.
I *ALSO* don't know if it's Freeware or Liteware.

I'm hoping somebody will enlighten me. (Figuring this out on my own
would take a whole lot of time.)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mike Dee

http://www.tucows.com/preview/304611
TimeCore Solo 2.4.1
License Freeware

I don't know if that's the last free version that's available.
I *ALSO* don't know if it's Freeware or Liteware.

I know it _says_ "Solo" at Tucows, but the resulting DL file says "Pro"
"tcProInstall.exe", to be precise...

I don't want to install this, so maybe someone else will.

K3

Mike said:
I know it _says_ "Solo" at Tucows, but the resulting DL file says
"Pro" "tcProInstall.exe", to be precise...

I don't want to install this, so maybe someone else will.

I tried it... 30-day Trial of TimeCore Pro... uninstalled it quickly!

--
Kendall F. Stratton III
Fort Fairfield, Maine USA

"Support Bacteria - It's the only culture some people have!"

Susan Bugher

K3 said:
I tried it... 30-day Trial of TimeCore Pro... uninstalled it quickly!

Thanks guys. That helps clarify the situation. I'm *slowly* getting the
blank ware descriptions filled in on the ACF pages (one question keeps
leading to another and another and another). Assistance is most welcome.
I'll show v 1.5.43 as the LFW version until somebody tells me differently.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

burnr

I'll show v 1.5.43 as the LFW version until somebody tells me
differently.

I believe that is the LFW, but if someone discovers different, I'll upload
the latest and revise my listing.

Susan Bugher

I believe that is the LFW, but if someone discovers different, I'll upload
the latest and revise my listing.

We now know the Tucows description is wrong - that was the one that had
me wondering. FWIW - I've run into a number of inaccurate ware
descriptions on the big sites lately (ISTM most of them were on Winsite
- free apps labeled as Shareware).

Then there are the games authors play. I'm pretty certain this app is
Trialware - though you can't tell that from their web page (the page
title says free) and it's listed as freeware on a number of download
sites.

Program: NetMail (Vista NetMail)
Company: InternetSoft Corporation
http://www.softwarea.com/netmaildoc/index.htm

This download site is really "cute". :(

http://www.fileboost.net/directory/internet/email/netmail/006985/review.html

The page title:
<title>NetMail Free Download by InternetSoft Corporation: (email, mail,
email client, email software, mailing, list, merge)</title>

The description on the web page: "Licence: Free"
NOT "free download"

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Mike said:
@individual.net:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please don't, Susan.

This could start off a whole new flame war ;-)

InaccurateWare, indeed! <G>

InaccurateWare is a fact of life (especially on download sites). :(

LyingSOB.ware now - that's a whole 'nother story. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mike Dee

InaccurateWare is a fact of life (especially on download sites). :(

LyingSOB.ware now - that's a whole 'nother story. ;)

Hate to use a tired old acronym but: ROFLMAO! :)