Lemmy - Dead!

Reaction score
Motorhead frontman Lemmy has died aged 70, two days after learning he had cancer, the British band has announced.

Lemmy formed the rock group in 1975 and recorded 22 albums, including Ace of Spades, as he became one of music's most recognisable voices and faces. The band said on it's facebook page: "Our mighty, noble friend Lemmy has passed away after a short battle with an extremely aggressive cancer."

Lemmy was born Ian Fraser Kilmister in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, in 1945.

He acquired the nickname Lemmy while at school, although he claimed to have had no idea where it came from.

More @http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35192060

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Social media is full of this, I can't get away from a 1001 tributes to Mr Ian Fraser Kilmister.

I'm actually surprised he lasted as long as he did considering his life style.

From '81 - '84 I played records every Friday evening upstairs at a venue named The Clarendon at Hammersmith and Lemmy was a frequent visitor during that time. He came up onstage several times for a chat, a very amiable bloke, possessed of a dry and acerbic wit and one of those rare folk who exuded charisma.

Farewell Lemmy, Hawkwind and Motorhead. Yes.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
This is offered in celebration of the life of a lovely, exceptional man – a man who celebrated life so vibrantly himself. We were first shooting a remake of an iconic Finnish milk ad. The tone of this ad that was shot a month ago was changed to make it a heartfelt tribute, however modest. A take that came late in the shoot was selected – one of Lemmy’s brilliant improv moments that was never in the script. This was our magical encounter with a great man – and we’re honoured to share it with the world.

Thank you, Lemmy.