LEGAL question: XP PRO and the 10 connection limit...

leo d.

I've read the EULA and the 10 connection limit, but it mentions INTERNET
INFORMATION SERVICES specifically.

Can I assume that is IIS?

So if I ran the Apache web server (and/or some other FTP server), there
would be NO limitations? both software-wise (i.e., XP itself will be
blocking the 11th TCP/IP connection at any given moment) and LEGALLY?

Thanks... all comments welcome, even if you only play a lawyer on TV...
lol....

Plato

leo said:
I've read the EULA and the 10 connection limit, but it mentions INTERNET
INFORMATION SERVICES specifically.

Can I assume that is IIS?

What did the Author of the software have to say when you asked them?

Og

leo d. said:
I've read the EULA and the 10 connection limit, but it mentions INTERNET
INFORMATION SERVICES specifically.

Can I assume that is IIS?

So if I ran the Apache web server (and/or some other FTP server), there
would be NO limitations? both software-wise (i.e., XP itself will be
blocking the 11th TCP/IP connection at any given moment) and LEGALLY?

Thanks... all comments welcome, even if you only play a lawyer on TV...
lol....

I suggest that you go to Big Bob's Burgers and ask the lass behind the
counter to provide you with legal advice.
Perhaps she is capable of multi-tasking and will provide you with a
psychiatric evaluation at the same time.
Steve

NoStop

I've read the EULA and the 10 connection limit, but it mentions INTERNET
INFORMATION SERVICES specifically.

Can I assume that is IIS?
Whenever you run into limitations the first suspect is MickeyMouse. It's all
part of a marketing scheme that forces the end-user to spend more money to
gain more functionality.
So if I ran the Apache web server (and/or some other FTP server), there
would be NO limitations? both software-wise (i.e., XP itself will be
blocking the 11th TCP/IP connection at any given moment) and LEGALLY?
Apache web server far exceeds IIS in all aspects. But why not run it on a
Linux box where it will really shine rather than on the toy operating
system from MickeyMouse?

--
WGA is the best thing that has happened for Linux in a while.

The ULTIMATE Windoze Fanboy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2370205018226686613

Is this a modern day equivalent of a Nazi youth rally?:

http://www.ntk.net/media/developers.mpg

A 3D Linux Desktop (video) ...

View Some Common Linux Desktops ...
http://shots.osdir.com/

Eddie B. Schrock

NoStop said:

Hi Philip !

HeyBub

NoStop said:
Apache web server far exceeds IIS in all aspects. But why not run it
on a Linux box where it will really shine rather than on the toy
operating system from MickeyMouse?

Because that's a silly thing to do? He's more mature than that.

Tom Willett

From: "Eddie B. Schrock" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: LEGAL question: XP PRO and the 10 connection limit...
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:01:03 -0500