Leave Calendar

E

el

Hi all,
Wer are looking to use Exchange/Outlook for leave application approval and having a central place (most likely in a resource/Public Folders Calendar) to store staff's leave record.

Could you please share your experience?

TIA
el

(we use Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003/2007)

T

Tan Tran

Hi,

Best to use Sharepoint instead of Exchange Public folder.

Tan,
Hi all,
Wer are looking to use Exchange/Outlook for leave application approval and having a central place (most likely in a resource/Public Folders Calendar) to store staff's leave record.

TIA
el

E

el

I am not familiar with Sharepoint. But if it involves extra investment, that's not an option for us.

Any other suggestion, please?
Hi,

Tan,
Hi all,

TIA
el

T

Tan Tran

Because public folder can only hold items, only way i can think of is creating new calander to store staff leave record.

Again, this is not best practice at all.

You should try sharepoint as i've mentioned. It is free to use. Anyway, if you plan to upgrade to Exchange 2007 in future, MS recommed you should use SP instead PF

I give an example what you can do with SP. A user log on to SP workspace, she/he can submit an leave application. It will alert her manager via email. Then manager approve it and pass information to Payroll officer. Also every can share calander view of who currently off sick today etc...

All possible in SP.

Tan,
I am not familiar with Sharepoint. But if it involves extra investment, that's not an option for us.

Hi,

Tan,
Hi all,

TIA
el

B

Boz

Windows SharePoint Services V3 is free on top of Windows Server. Should be enough support in that to do a simple solution.....

Don't forget that very long term you will see PFs disappear (based on what MSFT are saying) with Sharepoint as the preferred delivery.....so if you go with a PF solution you will have to do it all again sooner or later...

Hi,

Tan,
Hi all,

TIA
el

Ask a Question