LDB files

Shree

Hello!
I have a question about the ldb file that gets created
every time you open an Access database. My understanding
was that the ldb file closes on its own when you shut down
the database. I have closed my database yet I see the lock
file still lingering in my folder. Can any one suggest to
me as to how to make it go away?
Thanks in advance.
Shree

Bruce M. Thompson

I have a question about the ldb file that gets created
every time you open an Access database. My understanding
was that the ldb file closes on its own when you shut down
the database. I have closed my database yet I see the lock
file still lingering in my folder. Can any one suggest to
me as to how to make it go away?

The following KB article may help you to understand more about those files:

Introduction to .ldb Files

prabha

Hi Shree,

If the LDB file does not disappear then it could be related to a couple of
things

- Corruption. The database file is experiencing corruption. See: ACC2000:
How to Troubleshoot Corruption in a Microsoft Access Database
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306204

- User does not have the appropriate Folder Level permissions where the
database file resides. Example:
+ Database resides in the folder \MyFolder
+ User has the folder rights of Create\Modify\Read but
NOT Delete
+ User opens the database in the folder \MyFolder and LDB
file is created
+ User then closes the database in the folder \MyFolder
and because he does NOT have Delete permissions for the Folder \MyFolder
the LDB file remains

- Another user has the MDB file opened

For details on the LDB file see: ACC2000: Introduction to .ldb Files
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;208778

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."