LDAP

Ellery

When ever i start up outlook 2002 - a window pops up
labled Microsoft LDAP Directories. With in the window is
a tab labled Connection Details. Under the tab

server name : NULL
port: 3268
username: NULL
password:

- The server name and port number are unchangeable! What
is this window and what does it apply too?

- This window also appears when i'm using Intellisync for
MSN!!

neo [mvp outlook]

You should remove the LDAP (might read Active Directory) address book. See
Tools | Email Accounts | View/Change address books (3rd or 4th radio
button).

Ron Earnest

neo said:
You should remove the LDAP (might read Active Directory) address book. See
Tools | Email Accounts | View/Change address books (3rd or 4th radio
button).

Under Tools|Email Accounts | View/Change address books

only my Pop/smtp account appears. There is no mention of LDAP. It
certainly is annoying that it pops up every time I open Outlook 2003.
I upgraded to 2003 from Outlook 97.

Thanks, Ron

neo [mvp outlook]

You shouldn't see any POP/SMTP account if you selected the 4th radio button
of View/Change existing directories or address books. If you do, then
something is really messed up. Suggest you create a new mail profile via
the mail applet and delete your existing one. (do not copy. create new and
delete the old.)

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

Ron Earnest said:
"neo [mvp outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
You should remove the LDAP (might read Active Directory) address book. See
Tools | Email Accounts | View/Change address books (3rd or 4th radio
button).

Under Tools|Email Accounts | View/Change address books

only my Pop/smtp account appears. There is no mention of LDAP. It
certainly is annoying that it pops up every time I open Outlook 2003.
I upgraded to 2003 from Outlook 97.

Thanks, Ron

I, too, had that problem described by Ron. I followed the instructions from neo and it seems to working out fine now.