Which one

• LCD

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Plasma

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Which Television do/would you consider to be the better for viewing LCD or Plasma ?

Reaction score
Interesting question. I'm under the impression that LCD's are far better quality then Plasma. Would someone in the know how like to explain the difference?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Theres not a lot in it anymore really, If size matters then its Plasma all the way!

Why aint DLP and OLED T.V's in the list?! ;) (Links are just examples)

PLASMA and LCD - the FACTS
When it comes to finding out more about plasma and LCD, there are a number of myths out there that can be confusing. Here, Panasonic responds to some misconceptions and offers new information.

How do I choose between Plasma and LCD?
Size matters when it comes to making a choice. LCD is at its optimum performance up to and including 32", whilst plasma offers optimum performance at 37" and above. Panasonic Viera Plasma TV is currently the UK's Nr1 best-selling large screen TV. (see our chart below to help you make a choice).

Which is more energy efficient, Plasma or LCD?
The energy consumption of both is actually about the same in normal operating conditions. An LCD screen consumption is constant whereas with Plasma it fluctuates according to the brightness of a scene, eg when a scene is predominantly dark , a Plasma will use less energy. All in all the energy efficiency evens out for Plasma and LCD.

Popular Plasma myths dispelled.
Does Flat Panel TV need re-gasing? No. Plasma gases are inert and sealed within tiny cells that are sandwiched between glass plates. There is never any need to re-charge or refill the Plasma.

Which technology has the longer life span Plasma or LCD?
The life span for both is dependent on viewing habits, but if both are watched for the same duration, one would expect the life span to be approximately the same, 60 000 hours, roughly twice the life span of older CRT technology.

A good link below....
http://www.flattvpeople.com/tutorials/lcd-vs-plasma.asp

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I Abstain

happywave.gif

* what is a TV ? *

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
itsme said:
My question is simple two choices and Cost, and not a Sony in sight;)
Well OLED is still expensive i'll give you that, But the Samsung DLP TV is £1600, thats about the same as a decent Plasma. ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
LCD is good if you want to play games (static images do not hurt LCD) but if games are not on your short list Plasma (static images can burn and create spots on the screen) for home theater would be my choice.

I did not vote only for the reason mentioned above, both are good but usage will didtace the choice.

Reaction score
As we see the results of the poll talk for themselves however I have a small gripe with all of the modern sets even DLP, OLED ones

Why oh why if they include a crappy Analogue PC connection? Cant they include a DVi connection too. I mean they go to all that expense to design a gorgeous set and only give it an Analogue connection for a PC?!?

I mean come on do the right thing, it's only one more damn IC!

I have seen some amazing 21"+ LCD sets in the past and thought I want one, however when I look at the specs I decide not to simply because no DVi is present

Oh BTW V_R nice explanation mate cheers ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question