    to "Start" / "Search"). I know it is explorer.exe but I
    cannot find the proper command line option.

    Thanks

    AL4B, Jul 14, 2004

  2. "AL4B" wrote:

    >I need to launch search window (as with
    >to "Start" / "Search"). I know it is explorer.exe but I
    >cannot find the proper command line option.
    >
    >Thanks

    Windows Explorer Command-Line Options
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=kb;en-us;152457

    --
    Greetings
    Matthias________________________________________

    Matthias Tacke, Jul 14, 2004

  3. AL4B

    AL4B Guest

    Thanks, I know about this knowledge base article, but it
    does not tell how to open Explorer.exe in search mode,
    like if I press F3 inside Explorer.exe or if I press the
    Win+F key combination.

    AL4B, Jul 14, 2004
  4. AL4B wrote:

    > I need to launch search window (as with
    > to "Start" / "Search"). I know it is explorer.exe but I
    > cannot find the proper command line option.

    Hi

    E.g. like this (creating a temporary VBScript file:

    @echo off
    echo CreateObject("Shell.Application").FindFiles >%temp%\myff.vbs
    cscript.exe //Nologo %temp%\myff.vbs
    del %temp%\myff.vbs

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/default.mspx

    Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\), Jul 14, 2004
  5. AL4B

    AL4B Guest

    Thanks, works great!

    AL4B, Jul 14, 2004
  6. "AL4B" wrote:

    >Thanks, I know about this knowledge base article, but it
    >does not tell how to open Explorer.exe in search mode,
    >like if I press F3 inside Explorer.exe or if I press the
    >Win+F key combination.

    cscript /nologo ExplSearch.vbs

    'ExplSearch.vbs
    Dim objShell
    Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    objShell.FindFiles

    Google is your friend.
    http://www.google.com/groups?q=explorer+search+command+line
    One of the first resulted in the above code snippet:
    http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=

    Matthias Tacke, Jul 14, 2004
  7. Matthias Tacke wrote:

    > "AL4B" wrote:
    >

    >>Thanks, I know about this knowledge base article, but it
    >>does not tell how to open Explorer.exe in search mode,
    >>like if I press F3 inside Explorer.exe or if I press the
    >>Win+F key combination.
    >>

    > cscript /nologo ExplSearch.vbs
    >
    > 'ExplSearch.vbs
    > Dim objShell
    > Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    > objShell.FindFiles

    Hi

    See my other post in this thread for a on-the-fly solution.

    Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\), Jul 14, 2004
  8. AL4B

    AL4B Guest

    Thanks

    threadm=

    AL4B, Jul 14, 2004
  9. Or, more native cmd way:

    type nul > %temp%\1.fnd & start %temp%\1.fnd & del /q /f "%temp%\1.fnd"

    :)
    Al.

    Alexander Suhovey, Jul 15, 2004
  10. AL4B

    raywood

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Canned Wildcard Searches?

    I'm a little late to the party, here. But I'm curious: can I modify that DOS command to do a canned wildcard search? Instead of just opening up the search dialog for input, I'd like to have it go ahead and list all files matching a certain pattern (e.g., *.bak).

    raywood, Jul 18, 2010