Knowledgebase Articles

Will Denny

Hi

Both links work here OK. Could a problem with your setup. Have you contacted your ISP to see if they can help?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Does anyone know how to browse or download all the Microsoft's knowledge base articles chronologically? It appears that MS releases many articles during the day but we don't seem to know about them!
| I am trying to correct one of my patches (i.e. remove it if I know what is causing the problem) that is stopping me from buying anything from Dell UK! Surely, Dell must know about this but they don't reply to my emails or Facsimiles. It is nearly one month now I have not been able to use my own machine running XP professional. It is fine using Windows 2000 professional which has not been patched up for nearly one year!
|
| I get the message:
|
| "The page cannot be displayed" when I try to go to:
|
| http://commerce.euro.dell.com/dells...n=4513&s=uktra&sbc=ukdhsdimen&store=uktra&v=d
|
| Or one could go to:
| http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_8300?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs and click on "Customise & Buy green button.
|
| Regards,

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Start/run "regsvr32 softpub.dll" while Internet Explorer is closed, then
after you get the successful message, retry the secure sites.

--
Best of Luck,

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

JerryMouse

SK said:
Well this only happens when I am using IE6 SP1. On Netscape version
4.80 I can get the page in question. I agree it is something to do
with my IE6 whose security settings must have been changed by MS's
spyware!. I have defaulted it but still the same problem.
Windows 2k seems to work alright but then it has not been patched for
nearly a year!

Perhaps I should reinstall IE6 ans see if it makes any difference.
I'll let you know tomorrow.

Hmm. Link works on my IE 6.0.2800.

Try deleting your Netscape and see if that helps.

SK

http://commerce.euro.dell.com/dellstore/default.asp?b=43324&c=644&cu=uktra&l=en&m=gbp&n=4513&s=uktra&sbc=ukdhsdimen&store=uktra&v=d

Or one could go to:
http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_8300?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs and click on "Customise & Buy green button.

HillBillyBuddhist

Does anyone know how to browse or download all the Microsoft's knowledge
base articles chronologically? It appears that MS releases many articles
during the day but we don't seem to know about them!

Regarding new Knowledgebase articles I find this useful.

http://www.kbalertz.com/

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

More help:

HOW TO: Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up or
Connect to SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444

--
Best of Luck,

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

Kaylene aka Taurarian

Perhaps something here will help - although it's really for secure sites, there
might be something of assistance or at least something to check.

In Internet Explorer -
1. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
2. Scroll down to the Security Settings.
3. Make sure that the two boxes are checked that say
"Enable SSL 2" or "Enable SSL 3".
Try your secure sites.

Another thing you can try is:
Go to start/run
Type in: regsvr32 softpub.dll

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305217
Page Cannot Be Displayed Error During SSL 3.0 Server Session Timeout
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444
Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up pr Connect to SSL
Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813951
You Cannot Access Your MSN E-mail Account or Authenticate with a Web Site in
Various Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303807
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to View Web Page on a
Secure Web Site

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326155
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to Start Internet
Explorer

SK

Well this only happens when I am using IE6 SP1.  On Netscape version 4.80 I can get the page in question.  I agree it is something to do with my IE6 whose security settings must have been changed by MS's spyware!.  I have defaulted it but still the same problem.

Windows 2k seems to work alright but then it has not been patched for nearly a year!

Perhaps I should reinstall IE6 ans see if it makes any difference.  I'll let you know tomorrow.

Regards,

Will Denny wrote: Hi

"SK" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Does anyone know how to browse or download all the Microsoft's knowledge base articles chronologically?  It appears that MS releases many articles during the day but we don't seem to know about them!
| I am trying to correct one of my patches (i.e. remove it if I know what is causing the problem) that is stopping me from buying anything from Dell UK!  Surely, Dell must know about this but they don't reply to my emails or Facsimiles.  It is nearly one month now I have not been able to use my own machine running XP professional.  It is fine using Windows 2000 professional which has not been patched up for nearly one year!
|
| I get the message:
|
| "The page cannot be displayed" when I try to go to:
|
| http://commerce.euro.dell.com/dellstore/default.asp?b=43324&c=644&cu=uktra&l=en&m=gbp&n=4513&s=uktra&sbc=ukdhsdimen&store=uktra&v=d
|
| Or one could go to:
| http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_8300?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs and click on "Customise & Buy green button.
|
| Regards,

SK

Rick just done it as you said but still not able to use the Dell site.  I did it logging in as administrator, rebooted the system and it didn't work.  I then tried running it as user and followed everything as you suggested but still no luck.

Any other ideas?  I shall certainly try contacting Dell (by phone) on Tuesday if they know anything about this.

Regards,

Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers wrote: Hi,

Start/run "regsvr32 softpub.dll" while Internet Explorer is closed, then
after you get the successful message, retry the secure sites.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows isn't rocket science!  That's my other hobby!
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/