Knoppix problems

Reaction score
Ok so recently i got the distro knoppix, i popped the cd in, it loaded etc. i look at all the stuff, and everything is in german!!!!!! i tried looking up some forums, and it told me to type in knoppix lang=us at the boot screen, i did, but when the loading screen comes up, it comes up with all these errors and stuff. it is making me mad. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

The files name is KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-DE.iso

I believe that the DE means duetcsh (sp?) And i am sure there is a way to change the language.Here is a list of them ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/dist/knoppix/ So what do i do, download one with the EN instead of DE, or can i make it a lot easier on myself and change the language another way?

Ry

Last edited:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
just redownload it with the link that ME2001 gave you and it will be all good:thumb: you just downloaded the german version of the software and the link that ME2001 gave you is to the english version

*is that too obvious*

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
AXEL_HAX said:
Ok so there is nothing i can do? Can you tell me what my problem is?

Ry
The "problem" is ... you downloaded the wrong version ... ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
just redownload it with the link that rush gave you and it will be all good:thumb: you just downloaded the german version of the software and the link that rush gave you is to the english version

lmao
laughingsmiley.gif
, thats a new one

Axel there is two things you can do, download the english version or learn german

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
lmao
laughingsmiley.gif
, thats a new one

Axel there is two things you can do, download the english version or learn german

o woops:blush:

ill change it now....now what made me do that
wallbash.gif

Reaction score
Well i downloaded an english version, and what not. I put it in, and it froze at the boot screen. i left it on all night, hoping it was just some stupid prob. But i shut it down several times, and finally got it to start loading. It had originally from loading the minirt.gz deal. Finally got it to load, and it gave me this long list of errors, like a media error or something about an hdc... I dont know what it is now. :( I tried this a lot, and sometimes it froze, and the times, it started to load, i got those stupid errors :(. I am putting it in a different computer, and i get another error, a different one... ACCESSING KNOPPIX CD AT /DEV/HDC...Insmod: error inserting '/modules/cloop.ko' : -1 Bad file number. The errors, i got here on my IBM thinkpad 2645 laptop, had something to do with a cloop...

p.s. I had gotten the errors on my laptop i talked about, with the german version too, but it ran fine at first aside from the german language.
Axe.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Did you check the md5 sum aagainst your download?
Meh? I am a n00b :( But n00bs are kool
nod.gif
anyway. Yeah, i have no idea. I think it might be a hardware problem with my laptop, cause it works on my desktop...

Ry

Ask a Question