Keylogger??

Reaction score
Keylogger??-SORRY, NEED JUST A LITTLE MORE HELP.

Having some weird issues with passwords changing unexpectedly, however one password could have been forgotten, one is an error associated with a particular site....but no explanation for the other (aside from myself making an error through stress). I got it into my head that it was a keylogger (even though I haven't typed one of my passwords for months and the passwords have only just started messing up).
I ran three scans, Kaspersky, Spybot and Superantispyware online scanner and Kaspersky and Spybot found nothing whilst Superanti...etc dragged up four tracking cookies. However, I continue with my paranoia. Is it unlikely that a keylogger would have slipped past three separate scans? Or could there still be one lurking, hidden in the depths of my computer?
My computer is a laptop using vista and, recently it started to slow down....notably after I got a blue screen error thanks to accidental 'tampering' with csrss.exe (it tells me access denied to it.....) thanks to some misinformation.

Any help out there? Sorry for utter noobishness.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I ran spybot again in safemode and no threats at all were detected....I've been slightly won over to the idea that this 'keylogger' thing is all in my head....however, for complete peace of mind I was considering crashing my computer. Would restoring it to factory settings definitely remove a keylogger?

Reaction score
Neuro_Nougami said:
I ran spybot again in safemode and no threats at all were detected....I've been slightly won over to the idea that this 'keylogger' thing is all in my head....however, for complete peace of mind I was considering crashing my computer. Would restoring it to factory settings definitely remove a keylogger?

Before you goto such drastic messaure try running Trend Micro Housecall

And I wouldn't say its all in your head. It is quite possible that something can get passed all of those scans, very unlikely, but possible. And no, restoring to factory would not neceraly get rid of it.

Ask a Question