Keyboard Problem

G

H
I've recently upgraded from Win200 Prof to WinXP Prof. My keyboard worked fine in 2000, but using XP the Shift, Ctrl, Alt and Arrow keys max out the processor to such an extent that even the CPU Graph of Task Manager stops. This is pretty annoying especially when you try to do a drag and drop, cause the moment you press any of those buttons, every thing freezes until you release the button. I've reduce the Key Repeat Rate and it seemed be slightly better, but the processor still max out (well about 90%) when I press any of the above mentioned keys. This fixed the cause, but not the problem

Like I've said , I'm using WinXP and the keyboard driver is the "Standard 101/102-Key or MS Natural PS/2 Keyboard" driver

PS: Before you post a reply saying something like it's my keyboard, remember it worked fine in 2000 and just for safety sake, I did tried 2 other keyboards and it's still doing the same

Thanx
Rud

G

That's the reason I've upgraded to WinXP, cause after working on "Win200" (a.k.a. Abacus 200) for a few centuries, besides losing count every time I'm trying to multitask, my fingers got very sore

Sorry ... that was a typo, I meant "Win2000

Ask a Question