Keyboard cannot start error code 10 !

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by sharkwin@gmail.com, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi,

    I am using Windows XP 64 bit , AMD 64 4400.

    the keyboard have some trouble recently, ( I am sure keyboard is fine).

    The keyboard works in the bios ok. When xp starts in device manager
    there is an error on the keyboard (cannot start error code 10) -
    yellow exclamation mark.
    If I uninstall the keyboard from device manager and reboot then xp
    starts and the keyboard still doesn't work.

    When the keyboard doesn't work, it still has power. (Function key LED
    on the keyboard works).

    Also looking in device manager when the keyboard doesn't work, it does
    not indicate any IRQ conflicts and it has the same config as when the
    keyboard is working.

    I'm using ASUS motherboard and AMD 64 processor. Windows XP 64bit
    system

    Someone's solution -- // This solution doesn't work with my
    computer //

    The mouse I have is a Microsoft optical wheel mouse which also came

    with a usb to ps2 connector. If I plug the mouse into the ps2 mouse

    port then the ms multimedia keyboard works fine after successive

    reboots.

    All I can assume is that the problem is the order that the drivers are

    loaded ?
    // This solution doesn't work
    with my computer //

    ----------------------------

    After Xp boots up the keyboard will not work most of the
    time. In device manager it shows the keyboard with a
    yellow "!". when I
    check its properties it shows "This device cannot start.
    (Code 10)". All I have to do is up date the driver and
    the key board will work until it is rebooted. Control
    Panel and uninstall it then scan for new devices does
    find the keyboard, but it will not work most of the time
    after reboot.

    I have tried uninstalling, different keyboards, different
    Drivers, changing the BIOS, updating
    The BIOS, updating the motherboard drivers, and I am now
    at a point that most times I get this error and the
    Keyboard will not work,
    I am at a loss as to what to do.

    // I can solve the problem by reinstalling Windows XP 64bit, ( I
    did last time),
    But it's really take long and I have tired with reinstall
    everything.

    Hope there is some solution for it //

    Exactly the same problem as follows:

    http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/board/archive/index.php/t-25681.html

    Thanks a million in advance.

    kevin

    , Jul 26, 2006

  2. thecreator Guest

    Hi Kevin,

    Have you tried uninstalling the Keyboard. Reboot. Don't allow Windows to
    reinstall any drivers. Then you, reinstall the Keyboard Drivers from the
    Manufacturer and reboot.

    If you still have the problem, then the Keyboard must be replaced or
    repaired under warranty. Or if wireless Keyboard, have you replaced the
    batteries with brand new Batteries?

    You can have a bad Keyboard ,if the processor in the Keyboard itself has
    gone bad.

    --
    thecreator

    thecreator, Jul 27, 2006