Key Codes

scott

I purchased Windows 2000 pro from a OEM. He is now out of
business. My system crashed and I am trying to reinstall
it. I have lost my Key Codes. I tried to email Microsoft
about it but there is no where I can email them with an
OEM registered product id. Anyone have any ideas how I
can get microsoft to respond? Thanks

Mark Wilson

Scott,

Microsoft is unable to issue a CD key that will work with your OEM media.
The OEMs control those keys for the media they license from Microsoft.
Since your OEM has gone out of business, call Microsoft Sales Information
at the number below to discuss your options (this information was taken
from KB article 326246 How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft
Software or Hardware, http://support.microsoft.com/?id=326246) :

- Replacement of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Software Media
To replace OEM software media, you must contact the OEM where you acquired
the hardware and software. If that OEM is no longer in business, you can
contact Microsoft Sales Information at (800) 426-9400 for more information
about alternatives for acquiring genuine software. To determine whether
your software is eligible for replacement, you can call the OEM System
Builder hotline at (800) 325-1233 Monday - Friday, 5:30 AM - 5:00 P.M.
Pacific time zone. To determine whether your software was installed on your
computer when you purchased it, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;oemdirectory

Mark Wilson [MS]
rights."