Kerio Personal Firewall

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
New kid on the block, Kerio, are on to a winner?

It looks like a pretty good firewall, especially the features where you can set up individual rules to allow or disallow certain ports and protocols, just like you would with a mature firewall solution like checkpoint or sonicwall.

Also nice is the list of open connections mapped by application, port, protocol and IP.

I was told that the tiny development team is now working at kerio, developing this advanced product. As one of my colleagues said, kerio is great if you know what you're doing, because it gives you advanced functionality, on the other hand, if you don't know what you're doing you can royally screw things up.

With that last note I advise you do your reseach and get to know the product. :D

Find out more here Folks

Reaction score
Hi Mucks :) - from the screen shots it looks almost identical to Tiny Personal firewall, which I have used.

It's certainly very configuarable - I adore the real time open connection window. You can see exactly what's open to and from and it's great.

But yes - I would not recommend this product to anybody unless they knew what they are doing, coz you could leave your PC wide open to all and sundry.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello Tech ... & welcome aboard

Actually Tech if you DL the manual It tells you exactly how to install TPF. :eek:

I guess they haven't re-written it yet. ;)

Ask a Question