kannst du auf german schreiben

Vany

Von: "Rich" <[email protected]>
Betreff: Windows Mail and Office 2007 not working
Datum: Montag, 19. Februar 2007 19:58

Hey everyone, I've got a problem that I hope someone can help with. I have
Windows Vista Home Premium and am using the included Windows Mail. The
program so far works great with my Gmail account. I also have Office 2007
Home and Student, and this is where my issue is. In Word, OneNote, and
Excel
2007, I cannot send emails through the programs. If I have a Word document,
hit File (or whatever that symbol is)>Send, the "E-mail" function is grayed
out and unavailable. The "Fax Services" button is available, but I don't
have a fax client. This is the same in Word, Excel, and OneNote 2007.

Now for the strange part: if I do the same thing in Power Point 2007
(File>Send>E-mail), the "E-mail" button is fully funcional and I can send
Power Point presentations just fine using Windows Mail.

What would cause me to not have e-mail functionality in Word, Excel, and One
Note 2007 but still have it fully functional in Power Point 2007? I have
tried comparing and contrasting the security and Trust settings in the
different programs, and they all seem to be the same. I have Windows Mail
set as my default mail client with no other email clients installed. Thanks
everyone for your help.

Rich

Steve Cochran

That is a very interesting question of which I have no solution, but it
should certainly help the Office people debug the problem, as it sounds as
if it is one for Office 2007.

Check under Control Panel | Default Programs and see what is set as the
default mail program. Set it as WinMail, and see if that fixes it.

Also, the student version does not include Outlook, is that correct? So
that would exclude it as being an Outlook issue. Also, is this the German
version of Vista and Office or the English version?

steve

Hallo Steve,

Also, the student version does not include Outlook, is that correct?

Yes, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 include not Microsoft
Outlook.

For further help please ask in english speaking group:

With best regards